Terms & Conditions
Thank you for choosing Pracli Dog Grooming to groom your pet.
Please take a moment to read the terms and conditions that help us run our stress-free salon.
● We appreciate 48h hours but minimum 24hours notice if you need to cancel your appointment. Failure to turn up
without prior notification results in deposit lost and have to pay for the full groom price (or for the actually treatment booked)
● Please ensure that your pet has been to the toilet before arriving at the salon.
● Please stick to the appointment time specified upon booking, and confirmed in your pre-
appointment email. Pracli Dog Grooming operates on a one -to-one basis which is a
premium grooming service, that ensures that your pet is given 100% of his or her
groomer's attention throughout the appointment period. This system can only work if
clients bring their dogs and collect their dogs at the specified times. Your appointment
slot includes time allocated to a pre-groom consultation, so that there is no need to
arrive early to book in.
● Matted Coats. We have a non de-matting policy, in compliance with Animal Welfare Act
(2007) section 5 which states that 'All animals are to be protected from pain, injury,
suffering and disease'. Attempting to brush out heavy matting would lead to a great deal
of discomfort for a dog. Instead we will at all times advise clipping to remove the matted
and damaged coat. If your pet has become matted, we require your permission to clip
before we begin the groom. Where pets are heavily matted, an extra charge of up to £15
to remove the coat will apply, on top of the regular groom price.
● Flea Policy – your groomer will check for fleas during the pregroom consultation, and will
advise you if your dogs needs to be treated. Any dog found to have fleas will go straight
into a flea-bath with special shampoo to remove the fleas. The salon will also need to be
treated to prevent cross contamination therefore we make a charge of £10 per dog to
cover the extra costs involved. You will be advised to treat your pet and your home
environment to eradicate the problem.
● Sedated dogs. We do not accept dogs that are under sedation for grooming under any
● Pregnant dogs. Pregnant dog is not acceptable for grooming.
● Challenging behaviour. Some dogs may require a longer appointment time or a split
appointment, due to excessively nervous or challenging behaviour. We will advise the
owner of any alteration in charges before we begin.
● Aggressive dogs. While we have a great deal of experience and success in the
grooming of difficult dogs, we reserve the right to halt the grooming process should a
dog become aggressive to the point of being a danger to staff or to his or herself. Full or
part of the grooming charge may apply.
● Pre-existing conditions. Your groomer may uncover evidence of a health issue while
grooming your pet and will always advise you of any further recommended actions i.e.
visit to the vet , dietary requirements etc.
● We groom each dog to the owner's specifications, as far as the dog will tolerate and the
coat condition and type allows. We will always place a dog's welfare, safety and peace
of mind above adherence to a particular style. In case of being unable for any reason to
groom to the exact style wished by the owner, we will endeavour to contact the owner
and agree upon a suitable alternative style.
● We reserve the right to turn away clients that are over 15 minutes late for their
● Your groomer will give you a collection time when you leave your dog at the salon. This
will normally be around 2 hours later. A pet sitting fee of £5 per half hour will apply for
dogs that are over 30 minutes late being collected.
● If you happen to be a few minutes early to collect, your dog may still be on the grooming
table being attended to, please remain out of sight and hearing whilst you wait. Once
your dog sees you and naturally starts to get excited, your groomer may have to
consider the groom finished, for safety reasons.
● Our groomers work extremely hard, and care for each dog as if they were their own. Any
abusive language or behaviour towards our staff or other visitors to the salon will not be
● We will groom your pet to your specifications (* see 4), which will be discussed in the
pre-groom consultation. If you are sending your pet in with a friend or family member,
please send written instructions or give us a quick call to confirm your requirement. This
eliminates any confusion which can occur when receiving a clients wishes 'second
hand'. If you book your appointments online, you can leave your instructions in the box
available, in as much detail as you wish. We always read through a clients appointment
notes prior to the groom.
● Photographs. We take photos of each dog before during and after the groom, which we
keep on file to assist us in future grooms. We may use some photos in advertising our
service and/or post to our social media sites. Most clients enjoy seeing their pet
featured. Please let us know beforehand if you do not wish your pet's photos to be made
● Pet Records. Please provide a thorough account of any health issues, allergies or
behavioural challenges appertaining to your dog. These notes are very valuable to us to
give us a clear picture of the background before we begin to groom. By signing the record card. the clients agrees and accepts that s/he has read and understood the grooming policy and the salon Terms & Conditons
● Alterations. If, after the groom is complete, there is anything about the groom that you
would like altered, please advise your groomer accordingly before you leave the salon.
We are never offended by timely requests to make minor changes, so please ask.
● Tipping your groomer. Tips are never expected – but always appreciated.